Thursday, April 06, 2006

Does God ever feel distant? When is the last time you really spent quality time with God? For me I feel as though I'm an ant stuck in a jar and whenever I try to climb out I fall again and again I am stuck and my life is hopeless. Or have you ever felt like this?: When I was about ten years old I was outside and I found some of those really big bummed spiders by the back door. I decided to get a closer look so I put them in jar. Later as I was walking in the back yard I spotted a grasshopper not any ordinary grasshopper because this grasshopper was missing a leg ( a perfect target) So due to the fact that I was kinda bored with the spiders I thought hey what if I put the grasshopper in with the spiders that would be exciting. So I did and I can still remember that day as clear as a bell. That grasshopper was scared what could he do not only was he stuck in a jar but it had two spiders in there with him. So what did I do? I watched for like two minutes and this feeling of guilt and worriment overtook my body and soul. I quickly got the grasshopper out of there and let him go. The point Im trying to make even though I can look back on this story and laugh, is that many times we are broken and can barely make it in the world and just when we think life couldn't get any worse it does. But instead of laying there in our misery and getting eaten by spiders so to say. Cry out to God even if you only have one leg. He's waiting for you. Once you do you will be free. Yeah you still might have a missing leg.But in time God will heal that too. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and sing to him a new song. Hope thats deep enough for you Trav. And thank you everyone for your replies. May God bless you this season as he creates in you a clean and healed heart for him. JEN FEHR

20 comments:

Trav said...

so far so good fred... i'm gonna read the other one too... then i'll let you know what i think

Jen said...

i know I personally like this one the best too. I was only going to post this one but then while it was loading something went whacko on my computer and so i thought it erased it, so i wrote the other one. But im glad i wrote them both. Kellys sister ashley is going to have her baby any day now so im pumped. I get to be an auntie again.

mello said...

hey...life can always be about worry and stress adn trying to find out way out of jars, but why bother?! Why worry so much about trying to make people or GOd happy and worry so much about everything in your life being godly b/c that's just too much stress for me! It's not worth the craziness of it all, b/c whether or not you're following God, you can always not worry so much right. Or people can not always fall into apathy. Otherwise just live your days making yourself happy b/c worrying about the shit in life never makes me content with it, so why bother...im' tired and trying REALLY hard to get my point across so this may not make much sense lol...ug...bye

Carol said...

We all seem to have those struggles. I think they are a part of life. If all things in life were good, and nothign bad happened, how would we know how really good "The good stuff" is? Knowing there is someone watching out over you makes it a little more bearable.

footsack said...

I agree with you Carol. The hard times come to make us appreciate the good times and if you never had a serious problem, you would never know that God could fix it. I know for me some of my closest times with God have been in my deepest pain. The footprints poem is so true.

Carol said...

I love the "Footprints" poem. I got it given to me by Val Peters our old neighbor in Osler.

mello said...

so I wonder can anyone really spend quality time with God? Everyone I ever talk to always feels far from GOd or like H'es never around, so is he ever really around? Quiet times with God, consist aparently of "feeling" GOd's presence there, yet I don't know if I ever have. I like the life better than my last one (sounds like I was reincarnated!) but my search for reality seems to be heading in another direction right now...although sometimes it only points to GOd. All in all everyone's messed up with what they think and nobody will ever find what they're looking for. Ever. Nobody ever has, there's just hope, and maybe once you find your hope, that's the point of life. I don't know.

footsack said...

Mello, I don't know you but my heart goes out to you. I pray that God will meet you where you are. God Bless you! I know that if you seek Him with ALL of your heat, you WILL find Him. That is my prayer for you.

I am glad you are posting.

footsack said...

Sorry...seek Him with all of your HEART..not heat.

mello said...

oh jen a vibe i miss you :S

Jen said...

Mel I miss you so much too!!!! I cant wait until we meet again. For those of you who don't know. Me and Mel met at ywam, Shes had a tough life but just a guess that she is still struggling. So please do pray for here and pray for her health because there is something wrong with her body in her lungs (right????) Anyways me and mel are like sisters I love her so much. TONS OF LOVE SENT YOUR WAY FRIEND.

Trav said...

fred... time for a new post

Unknown said...

Mmm... I feel like I'm stuck in a jar sometimes... but a big jar... I wouldn't be able to fit into the average jar...

mello said...

so what else have you been doing?! thinking?! tell us more ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Jen... Time for something new!! It's been over a month!! Hoser...

Trav said...

yeah... come on fred... something new

mello said...

when that person said hey fred are you dead, I thought of that movie drop dead fred. have you ever seen it?! SO great. you have no more internet life?! That's ok. Probably best for most of us ;)
phone me. im at my parents house next time you ever see this world again...k bye

mello said...

oh snap i didn't mean YOU not having internet was best for most of us lol. I meant like for example if I didnt' have the net itd be best for me :S...this things a little trap. like a mouse trap. like that game. weird game...k bye

Jen said...

Hi Jen! This is Jen. I don't know if you still don't have internet or not, but I thought I'd leave you a comment anyway. I shall have to email you soon. luv ya

Jen Birkland

Sue said...

Hey Jen, you could do an update when you are at my house. Which is at least once a week. Or are you going for a one year anniversary without posting.